Can You Say Awkward? I Knew You Could.

Okay.  I’ve got an awesome idea.  Let’s all dress in denim, pile on top of each other, and smile really cheesy for our family photo.  It’ll be perfect framed over our fireplace, don’t you think?  Not to mention, it’ll make the most amazing Christmas card.  All our friends and family will love it.*

Or if that looks a little weird, maybe we should all wear white tops, climb a tree, and straddle each other.  Yup, that’s what we should do.  And to make the pose perfect, I totally think we should all put our hands on our knees and say ‘family’ when the photographer tells us it’s time to smile.*

Or maybe, we should just dress the way we always dress, and do the things we always do, while the most talented photography team in Missouri and Kansas captures us just being us.

Josh and Jenny of Solar Photographers are an incredibly brilliant husband and wife duo who’ve been snapping photos of our family since Reichen was 7 weeks old.

Since then, Josh and Jenny have been there for all our most important moments, including both boys’  first steps, my big belly during my 2nd pregnancy; they even captured this sweet shot of my 2nd son just days after he was born.

I tell you all this because I’m super psyched about our latest session with Solar Photographers.  I love that they just let us do what we do while they capture it all.  There’s no posing, no placing hands on knees, and the best part:  they never make us shout ‘cheese’ after the count of three.

If you want to see more from our session, Josh and Jenny have our highlights and so many other incredible photo shoots posted on their awesome blog.  Enjoy!

*Did you like these awkward family photos?  You can see more here.

Tags: , , , ,

8 Responses to “Can You Say Awkward? I Knew You Could.”

1. Anonymous says:

I love, love, love the pictures. 🙂

2. Emily says:

Mmmmm Double Demin always a good look?! Those picture made me laugh – not yours, yours are awesome!
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..A few of my favourite things =-.

3. Angela says:

I love these! (yours, I mean, obviously). ans I live in Kansas. I wonder is they ever come to Wichita? Also- do you live near me? Someday, we shhould have lunch.

4. josh solar says:

Thanks so much for the awesome write up, Tasha. We really appreciate you letting us into your wonderful world a few times a year. As you know, your kids are only young once, and having pictures of you all together is a great way to remember all the things you did together. See you soon!
    .-= josh solar´s last blog ..Bubbles- finger painting- jumping on the bed- movie night- oh- my! =-.

5. Jenny says:

Tasha,

SO glad you love the pictures 🙂 We love taking pictures of your family!
    .-= Jenny´s last blog ..Bubbles- finger painting- jumping on the bed- movie night- oh- my! =-.

6. Corinne says:

The pictures of you guys are fabulous 🙂 So good to find a photographer who makes your family come alive on film! (or on screen…. does film even still exist??)
    .-= Corinne´s last blog ..The Gift of an Ordinary Day =-.

7. devon spec says:

tasha! too awesome. i always wished we could afford a photography session like that. maybe if i ever have a 2nd… 🙂 i read all kinds of photography blogs, and you’d think that me being a creative would have access to somebody! lol. anyway, they are beautiful. love them.

8. Kelsey says:

I had always wondered if you had someone living with you that was a professional photographer, you have so many great pictures. I have been secretly admiring your photos for some time & am so thankful you wrote about it (I could have just asked you, but where is the fun in that)
    This will also help waste time today at work, checking out the blog – I love photography it is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing!